April 23, 2013
Students from Providence’s Business Administration program wrapped up the 2nd successful year of operations of texts4less, their textbook consignment business.
During the 2012-13 school year, students:
- Sold more than $4,000 worth of text books
- Set up the accounting system for the business
- Automated data entry for the textbook database
- Set up standard administrative procedures for the next crop of students to follow
- Started recruiting volunteers to run texts4less next school year
Perhaps the most notable achievement of the second year of operations (in addition to actually having a second year of operations) was making the process more efficient, so that more books can be collected, processed, and sold in less time.
Plans are already well underway to continue to grow this business in the 2013-14 school year, including:
- Putting the database online
- Figuring out if this business can be cloned at other campuses